How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2517
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

My girlfriend is claiming asylum to remain in the uk and is

This answer was rated:

My girlfriend is claiming asylum to remain in the uk and is now pregnant. Can sheremain
JA: Where does your girlfriend currently reside? Has your girlfriend already taken steps to apply for asylum?
Customer: Yes she has another appointment next week. She lives with me
JA: Has your girlfriend already spoken with a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: she only talked but that’s it. Seems he was very slow
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: she was trafficked over here from Thailand

Good evening, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hello Lawyer Ak
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
My girlfriend is worried she will be sent back to Thailand. The people who trafficked her might be after her so she wants to remain and is now pregnant
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi are you available

As she has claimed asylum they will assess her case s9 she should not worry.


Is her partner British?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am. 57 years old good job and she has lived with me for the last 5 months

Once the child is born as they will be British she can look at applying under the parent visa route.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
But could she be sent back before she gives birth. She is early into her pregnancy. 4 weeks

She can under human rights application but usually when the child is born it helps.

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ok thank you for your help

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Kind regards.