Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My wife has submitted a spouse visa for the first time and

Customer Question

My wife has submitted a spouse visa for the first time and we are waiting for Agee application be decided. We have started a visa for her son to join us here in the Uk as a family member of her visa is successful. Is it better to wait for my wife’s visa to be determined before we submit his or can we submit his now while we wait
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 16 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

It is better to submit it now whilst you wait. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thanks. I his visa application I put my wife as his parent as his father has unfortunately passed away. Now that I recently married him mum do I put me down as his step father or just my wife
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
will they look at my wife’s spouse visa and her sons together as he is 17

Just put your wife, they will consider her and then him. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry need a bit of clarity with the above. Which question are you answering

You asked if you should put your name down as the step father or just your wife, his mother, so therefore I was confirming it should just be his mother your wife. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks and clear. And for the other question you believe we shouldn’t wait until my wife’s visa is approved to submit the application for her son to join her here as a family member. Is that correct. This seems like to path we need to Pursue as they are both Colombia nationals

Yes you should wait until your wife's visa is approved and then submit your son's. I trust this assists