UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I will be applying for the uk skilled worker visa. And have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi, I will be applying for the uk skilled worker visa. And have 2 sons age 16 year n 19 years
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Wanted to know that the dependent visa for the 19 years old son with autism spectrum will be permitted I am from India I have a job offer already from UK And plan to proceed with the new UK skilled visa programme
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: Yes he told me that the new UK skilled visa kind of replaces the tier 2 visa
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just want to be sure that my elder son 19 Years of age who is still dependent on me will get the dependent visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 13 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

Unfortunately, the cut off age is 18 years for children applying outside the UK.

You may include your son in your application, include all supporting evidence of his dependency on you and see if the UK Home Office exercise their discretion and grant him a visa.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for your answer. So that means there is no surety of my son getting the dependent visa.I am sure you would appreciate that I can only proceed with the entire process of skilled visa if I am certain that he would be granted visa.

Successful visa applications,including yours, cannot be guaranteed and in your case, your son does not count as a child as he is outside the UK and not under 18. Whether or not he is a dependent, that does not matter I am afraid which is why you would be relying on discretion and you will only know the outcome if you apply.

I am unable to call.

Do you have a further query please?

I trust that my answers were useful.

All the best