Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have a query here. I will be getting my ILR soon in UK,

Customer Question

I have a query here. I will be getting my ILR soon in UK, and plan to leave UK temporarily to work in other countries. I believe it is required to return to UK every 2 years for 15 days to keep the ILR. Is it possible to keep returning to UK for 15days per year, and work in other countries at the same time? Or will I lose my ILR, as the govt expects you to work and settle only inside UK?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 16 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

You can spend time outside the UK including work outside the UK. As long as you do not spend more than a continuous 2 year period outside the UK you will retain ILR. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you. But I heard the govt will cancel the ILR if you keep doing this- working outside UK and returning for that minimal time only to maintain your ILR. I have read many articles about this where residents had their ILR cancelled as the govt says ILR is not for keeping in one`s pocket, but for living and working in UK only

No that is not correct, I trust this assists