Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I am a british citizen and my fiance is a Lebanese asylum

Hi i am a british citizen and my fiance is a Lebanese asylum seeker in Netherlands. Is it better to apply for a fiance visa or get married and apply for a spouse visa?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: None, no. Uk. British
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Further to your question kindly note that you can apply for either as if you meet the requirements the visa willbegranted. It all depends on the ease of getting married in the Netherlands.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
spouse visa has higher chances?
I meet requirements i think . British with full time job and salary more than 20000£

That is correct as it is easier to prove that you are in a genuine relationship as you have entered into marraige.

From the figure you have provided you do meet the financial requirement of £18,600

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
If we get married in netherlands, do we need to certify the marriage from uk embassy in netherlands?

No you don't need to as the marraige certificate will be recognised by the UK as long as it been registered in the Netherlands

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok ..thanks

I am glad that I was able to assist you today and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website