james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My sister had 2 previous visit visa refusals, but now she

My sister had 2 previous visit visa refusals , but now she has got an opportunity to do masters here in staffs university. Will the refusals affect he r student visa application?
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are they asking about?
Customer: student visa
JA: Have they already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: nope
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

When were the previous visas refused and what were the reasons for the refusal.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (6G6G435)

Has your sister been accepted on the Masters degree at the university?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
University of Staffordshire

Does she have proof that she has been accepted to study there?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Her cas is on its way
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
All fees paid and just waiting on CAS. So answer is yes

Then once she has received the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) she can then start her application. to apply for her student visa.

She will need to show the CAS.

Other important information she will need to show, will include how she is funding the study ( her last application she was unemployed) She will need to show that she has sufficient funds to cover tuition, accommodation, and day to day living costs.

She will need to demonstrate how her degree will benefit her, why she wants to do this in the U.K. and not in her own country.
She would need to still show ties to her home country and evidence that she will be returning home after finishing the course.

The home office will need convincing that the student visa is not simply a ruse to gain a visa to enter the country and then not start the course.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
All funding is in her account now and tuition fees all paid. Accommodation arranged at university itself

Understood, she would need to show how she paid for that, and also how she intends to live for the duration of the course.

If she can prepare herself and documents then there should be no reason why the student visa would not be issued. But with two failed visa  applications already, she really does need to prepair herself.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you. Is this something that you can help with? How much do you charge for service? Where are you based?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I actually paid the fees from my credit card
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My older sister helped her with 3k, I helped her with a further 2k, gold loan for 4.5 k and her savings rest

Sorry no, I cannot assist with the application, this is only online advice. She would be best advised to do this with an immigration law firm, especially with two failed visa applications.

Also the fact that she has not worked to pay for the Course but rathe family have paid this on credit cards and loans, so I debt. That could have a negative few by the officer who will process the application.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you

Your very welcome, good luck, I hope it goes well.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Your welcome.