How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2459
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I am currently on tier 2 visa and my partner is on tier 4

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** am currently on tier 2 visa and my partner is on tier 4 student visa, she is about to apply for a Graduate visa. Can i switch my current tier 2 visa to psw dependent visa?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Not taken any steps yet, currently we both reside in the UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: No, her university has sent an email stating that, she can now apply for graduate Visa.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no please, i dont think so

Good afternoon, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

You can switch to a dependent visa if the tier 2 visa is no longer working for you.

When does your current visa expire?

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello, Good afternoon
My current tier 2 visa is expiring in 2023. I am looking to switch jobs and i believe that, if i am on a dependent visa, it gets easier for me to find a new job.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Kind regards.