Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I am seeking anwsers on behalf of a third person. They filed

Customer Question

Hi, I am seeking anwsers on behalf of a third person.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: They filed paperwork to start the process to get citizenship to their 2 kids in the US. The Embassy does not react or response to any of their questions regarding the stand of their papers. What actions can they take?
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No they have not.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have no further information.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to JA

Is this for US or UK Citizenship?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
UK Citizenship, but they are applying for it in the US via the UK Embassy. The father is UK citizen, but the whole family lives in the US. The kids have US passports and he wanted them to have dual citizenship.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The issue is that the embassy is not responding to any of their calls or e-mails. They only want to know what they have to do to proceed with the process. It's been months and they have already submitted the necessary preliminary paper work online as stated on the web page.
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 10 days ago.

I see, given the length of time you could make a complaint or instruct a lawyer for the matter to be expedited

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 10 days ago.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/home-office/about/complaints-procedure

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for the link! I will forward it and see if we get help through this channel first before introducing a lawyer to the matter.
Again, thank you for your quick and productive help.
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for using JA today