How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 8148
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

How can I help? I live in the UK as a skilled worker on tier

Customer Question

Good morning My name is*****: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I live in the UK as a skilled worker on tier 2 general visa, left my country last year to the UK, just want to enquire about bringing my husband to the UK as we just got married
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: not yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: i work as a nurse, had a sponsorship, have not started any application as I just came to do my court marriage just want to know the things I need to have on hand before applying
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: still a Nigerian and my husbandCustomer: Chat is completed
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

Hello Fadek,

I am a solicitor.

Did you marry your husband lawfully in Nigeria?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I did
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Went to the registry for a court wedding with our families
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

Sorry, I am unable to call.

Your husband needs to apply for a dependant visa and he will need at least £285 support funds for the visa.

Details here:

May I help further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
When can we start the application
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Would like to know if all the documents required needs to be on ground before starting the application
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 11 days ago.

You may start the application right now if all the required documents and money are available. Yes, all documents need to be available.

All the best

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 11 days ago.

You are welcome.