How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3108
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

I lost my brp and need it replaced urgently as I am due to

This answer was rated:

I lost my brp and need it replaced urgently as I am due to travel in 30th December
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have applied for a replacement card and had my biometrics taken 3 days ago
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I forgot to mention I live in Uk and I am a Gambian National
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It says online that it will take 8 weeks. Also I called the UKBA cal centre and they say the priority service has been suspended.I was wondering if to have seen cases recently where replacement got issued within 4 weeks or is it definitely going to take 8 Weeks?

Hi, Welcome to JA

Replacement does at least 6-8 weeks for a decision to be made. It may be decided earlier given the urgency of your travel.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How do I inform them of the urgency of my travel please

Booking of flight ticket and a covering letter

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Where do I send it to please

Home Office when you apply

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have already submitted my application d biometrics. Can I upload more documents on the online portal

Yes you should be able to do so

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks that is very helpful

Thank you for using JA today

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi again. It won’t let me upload anymore documents

You will then need to write to the Home Office, UKVI, Sheffield, S3 8WA.

Put your name and application reference number in support of the application

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What if I change the address to my solicitors so the card can get delivered to them so they can send it to me via courier. I am due to travel to Gambia for 4 months from 3th December

You were initially due to travel on 30 December? So you should continue to wait. That said, you can instruct a solicitor to write on your behalf

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
30th December.
I only received my brp on the 8th November and got burgled the 15th November.

Thank you for using JA today

Lawyer21 and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you