Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

Passport holder working as a self employed tattoo artist. I

Customer Question

Hello, I am German passport holder working as a self employed tattoo artist. I am looking for any ways how to move to London and work in my profession at a London based tattoo shop. They offered me a job on a self employed basis. My boyfriend is a UK passport holder and lives in the UK. He runs his company and owns his own home.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 11 days ago.

Further to your question from  the information that you have provided you cannot work in the UK under the current immigration rules as self employed.

Your partner could Sponsor you as his dependent however you would either need to enter into marraige or prove that you have been living together in a relationship for a period of 2 years.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok so three questions.
1) if sponsored as a dependent can she work also threw a self employed basis.
2) If not and I register a tattoo company and employ her can she also freelance to other tattoo shop self employed or take payments under the my newly registered tattoo company , business to business.
3) if she comes as sponsored dependent how do we go about proving we have been living together for two years?

Kindly note that as a spouse she can work on a self employed basis and can even open her own business.

You will need to prove you have been living together for 2 years by having a bills at the same address for 2 years such as tenancy agreement ect