How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2455
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I have a question about a Visa to the UK for a foreign

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question about a Visa to the UK for a foreign mother of a UK child.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Not yet, my son will be 14 if he goes to school there, his mother is vietnamese, we live in Singapore at the moment
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am a british citizen, i am not on good terms with my ex and she is threatening to take him to the UK to school with or without my permission. We have joint custody, she has care and control
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Continuing from earlier, my son has been offered a place at Dulwich College London starting in 2023, i agreed only to consider boarding for him there. My ex wife has since decided without my permission to apply for day school instead and move to the UK with our son. She is Vietnamese and for the record was cautioned by the UK police for her involvement in a money laundering/fraud trail when she was a private banker. We all live in Singapore at the moment, both Aidan and myself our British and we have joint custody. What are the chances of her being successful in her visa application considering I oppose what she is trying to do.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also, If Aidan did end up going to school in the UK and I moved back, would that mean his mother's visa would be revoked?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 5 days ago.

Good morning, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 5 days ago.

If you and the Mother cannot agree for your son to come and live in the U.K. with you then you will need permission from the Courts before you can proceed with a dependent child visa for your son.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 5 days ago.

Which visa does the Mother hold for U.K.?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
His mother doesn't have a Visa for the UK we are all in Singapore at the moment.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 5 days ago.

Then her visa will not be revoked for U.K. as she does not have one.