james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

If I get into gay civil partnership in the UK, will my home

If I get into gay civil partnership in the UK, will my home country be notifies that I am in a gay partnership?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the UK. I am algerian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just want to ask about this

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If you enter into a gay same sex civil partnership, no, your home country will not be notified. The only way that would happen is if you were to inform anyone back home.

It would not come from the authorities in the U.K. so you would have nothing to worry about there.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are doing well. Nice to meet you James.
Thank you for your reply. I was worried about not being able to go for a visit in my home country anymore. I thought when getting into same-sex civil partnership and get the family visa, I would not be able to go to Algeria anymore as it would be issues on my visa and the algerian authorities would see it.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When I said home country, I didn't mean family and friends. I meant the algerian authorities when they check my family visa

I understand, no it will not show.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No, that's all, thank you vey much!

Good luck with your partnership, I hope you are happy together.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.