UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Renewal of valid uk adult passport ,the foremames alignment

Customer Question

Renewal of valid uk adult passport ,the foremames alignment is similar to the uralisation certicate but is different from second document issued by second nationalty.
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: None, this the 3rd time i am renewing the uk passport I am asked to align the algerian one or remit it ,which both
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: I am trying to this is why i am chatting to you Neverneeded that before
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been to the hmpo in Glasgow on a fast track due the urgent need as i work overseas for amenzies aviation and do travel a lot my actual jumbo passport has only one page left and still valid until 2028.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

Yes, there is a new rule that requires your names to match on both your UK and foreign passports. So you must ensure that your Algerian passport name is ***** ***** the UK passport name.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The algerian law doesnt permit any changes from the initial birth certificate, while on naturalisation you are given options.
The surname is unchanged,
The three forenames are ***** ***** same in spelling ,the order of the forenames is different,.as my middle forename is ***** ***** first name.
Surrendering the other document seems to be the only solution.

Yes, in that case you may wish to surrender your foreign passport.

All the best