How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2455
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I am an Indian national who holds EU Settled Status as i was

Customer Question

I am an Indian national who holds EU Settled Status as i was married to EU national. On my Settled Status would I be able to sponsor my nephews to come to UK under the Settled Status scheme?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have the Settled Status. Currently living in the Uk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 4 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 4 days ago.

Unfortunately, under the Eu settlement scheme you can no longer bring extended family members if it’s your child or spouse then this would be accepted.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your reply
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 4 days ago.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Kind regards.