LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I am a foreign worker who recently lost job in Uk. I am

Hi, I am a foreign worker who recently lost job in Uk. I am currently in the 60 day window to leave Uk. My flight tickets are booked for Dec 22nd. In case of unexpected situation like flight cancellation due to covid etc, how do I get exceptional assurance to extend my stay in Uk(beyond the 60 day window)?

Good evening, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

You would need to contact the expectational assurance team if due to covid you cannot travel. I will send you details to do so.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much for this. Do you know how much time they generally give for this assurance?

It’s dependent on the circumstances for example if covid restrictions were in place it would be in line with this.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you again. Am currently applying for jobs in Uk now, as I still have time to exit. In the event I get a job offer during my extended stay in Uk, can I accept the same?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Assuming the extended stay happens due to lockdown or covid of course

You would be able to accept the job during the extended period.