INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Need help with dual citizenship british & egyptian my

Customer Question

Need help with dual citizenship british & egyptian my husband has become british but forgot to apply dual citizenship status through consulate. He is now traveling to Egypt would they take his citizenship or renounce it
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: He is already British citizen since early 2021 we live in uk he wants to go holiday to Egypt but he found out he needed to apply dual citizenship authorisations it takes 3-4 months his flight on 24
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: no he already holds Egyptian citizenship as well
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: noCustomer: Chat is completed
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  INC Law replied 11 days ago.

Dual nationality is typically allowed in Egypt since 2004, as long as authorization is given by the government. Typically, if someone acquires dual nationality and does not have governmental permission, there is no automatic consequence; however, if the Cabinet of Egypt has rendered a decision on the case, the effected individual is legally denaturalized.

Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

I hope this answers your question. If you
have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,