LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My spouse visa obtained on human rights grounds is due to

Hello! My spouse visa obtained on human rights grounds is due to expire in January along with my son from a previous marriage who is now 19 years old. My son and I are American citizens and I am married to and have 2 other children with my British spouse. 1) Is it possible for my son to extend his visa as a dependent of mine even though he is no longer a minor and 2) what are the fees to extend a visa. I have had a consultation with a lawyer who quoted me 10k pounds for application and attorney's fees.
JA: What steps have the nineteen-year-old/you and my son taken? Have they filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do the nineteen-year-old/you and my son live in? If different, what is their citizenship?
Customer: We have not taken any steps to extend our visas as of yet. We have only filed paperwork associated with our initial visas which are due to expre in Jan. My 19 year old son and I both live in the UK. We are both American.
JA: Have the nineteen-year-old/you and my son/you and your son/the associated talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: Yes. We've had a consultation, and she was very confident that we would both be granted extensions, but the fee is astronomical.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My son is applying to universities so my goal is just to get him through until the next school year where hopefully he can be granted a student visa.

Good afternoon, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Good afternoon!

Your son is able to extend his visa on the same terms as last when he was under 18 therefore can apply as a dependent. Each applicant is £1033 plus immigration health surcharge which is £1560. Lawyer fees vary.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/?Pro=True

As per our conversation please see attached link.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks for your help.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Kind regards.