How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari SL Your Own Question
Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1151
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari SL is online now

My husband is applying for a dependent visa but I do not

This answer was rated:

My husband is applying for a dependent visa but I do not have a tenancy agreement document. Can this affect the application
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No paperwork yet. Am a Ghanaian and live in the UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am sharing a 2. bed accommodation with a colleague but my name is ***** ***** the tenancy agreement because it is temporary accommodation for my husband arrives.

Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting with your question today. Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. Thank you!

Please ignore any phone call request pop-up if you do not wish a telephone consultation, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Is the tenancy agreement in your colleague's name?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

You could provide a tenancy agreement under your colleague's name, as well as a copy of his/her passport, also a letter from the landlord stating that you are also residing in that property?


Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My spouse have an introduction letter for bank account from her university stating she resides at her shared accommodation. Could this be ok?

You must have appropriate accommodation in the UK in support of your spouse's visa application. The above stated will not be sufficient. Thank you

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you. I am grateful

My pleasure! Good luck

Tamari SL and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you