LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I am filling in the FLR (FP) online form and saw that i am

I am filling in the FLR (FP) online form and saw that i am to provide my partners passport or travel document as evidence of his status i was intending on uploading just copies of this id card and so was wondering if i would need also bring this to the UKVCAS appointment.
Good evening

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

You would need to bring all uploaded documents including your partner’s ID to your biometrics appointment to as it will be checked.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you for your response. Would it be acceptable to just print the scanned version that i would have submitted and bring that in or would it have to be the original document
You should have your partner’s original documents.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you for your response. On the online form below the question of providing evidence of my partners immigration status is states: “This should be your partner’s current passport or travel document. You may send copies instead of the original document if you are applying on a partner 2-year or a 5-year route. Every page of the passport must be copies including any blank pages.”. This is the reason i was unsure whether or not i would have to bring it or not (i am on a partner 10-year route).
Original documents is required under the 10 year route.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you for your response. Lastly, i would just like to know, how come under that route it is required?
It’s just to present an original ID as the 10 year is a longer route to ensure the circumstances are still the same.