MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

If you’re a British citizen studied medicine abroad in China

Customer Question

If you’re a British citizen studied medicine abroad in China do you need to sit PLAB for full registration with GMC
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

To give you an overview of your enquiry, the General Medical Council (GMC) is the medical authority in the UK. You need to be registered with the GMC and have a license to practise in order to work as a UK doctor. There are no exceptions.

The whole process of getting registered can be easy and quick, or difficult and long depending on how well you prepare your documents.

in this regard, if you graduated from a medical school outside of the UK, EEA, or Switzerland, you need to sit the PLAB test or attain a recognised postgraduate qualification.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.