MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Im an eu citizen with settled status and i want to bring my

Customer Question

Hello im an eu citizen with settled status and i want to bring my non eu wife to uk what do i need to do ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: im slovenien and i live in the uk london
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.
Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

If you arrived in the UK by 31 December 2020, your partner might be able to apply for pre-settled or settled status from the EU Settlement Scheme. It’s free and easier than applying for a visa. However, your partner might be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme even if they weren’t in the UK by 31 December 2020.

Your wife can apply for a family permit or to the EU Settlement Scheme if either:

• you got married or formed a civil partnership by 31 December 2020

• you had lived together for at least 2 years by 31 December 2020

Does any of this apply?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
She is not from eu
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
She is non eu citizen

Yes, she can apply for either a family permit or a spouse visa.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We got married on 2021 and can you please tell me what do i need to have do i need earnings more than 22 thousand after tax to bring her to the uk

In such a case, to meet the minimum income requirement for your spouse's spouse visa application, she can use:

• Savings over £16,000
  • Earnings from employment or self-employment
  • Maternity, paternity, adoption, or sick pay
  • Pensions
  • Other income such as that generated from rent or shares

She can also use a combination of savings and earnings to help her meet the minimum income threshold. However, she will need to prove she has enough financial support for the entire length of the permit.

Ultimately, you would be well advised to formally instruct an immigration solicitor close to your home address, you can locate one using your postcode and the following link: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.