MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

What’s the procedure for challenging home office decision

Customer Question

What’s the procedure for challenging home office decision for awarding ilr to my partner?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

To appeal a Home Office decision, you need to submit an application form to the First-tier Tribunal. You can submit the completed appeal form. For most cases, you must use the online service to submit an appeal. You’ll need to create an account. You’ll also need:

• your partner's Home Office reference number - you can find this on their decision letter
  • any documents that will support their application
  • an email address or mobile phone number

Note that you can only appeal to the tribunal if you have the legal right to appeal - you’ll usually be told if you do in your decision letter, so it's important to check first before making an appeal. You also have only 14 days to appeal from the date the decision was sent. If you apply after the deadline, you must explain why - the tribunal will decide if it can still hear your appeal.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My partner is filing for ILR under domestic violence, she is only doing this to get the ILR quicker, what should I do to inform home office before she gets ILR decision ? She has left the house already 3 weeks ago and currently in refuge camp

You can use the following link - https://www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.