How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1279
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

What’s the procedure for challenging home office decision

Customer Question

What’s the procedure for challenging home office decision for awarding ilr to my partner?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

To appeal a Home Office decision, you need to submit an application form to the First-tier Tribunal. You can submit the completed appeal form. For most cases, you must use the online service to submit an appeal. You’ll need to create an account. You’ll also need:

  • your partner's Home Office reference number - you can find this on their decision letter
  • any documents that will support their application
  • an email address or mobile phone number

Note that you can only appeal to the tribunal if you have the legal right to appeal - you’ll usually be told if you do in your decision letter, so it's important to check first before making an appeal. You also have only 14 days to appeal from the date the decision was sent. If you apply after the deadline, you must explain why - the tribunal will decide if it can still hear your appeal.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My partner is filing for ILR under domestic violence, she is only doing this to get the ILR quicker, what should I do to inform home office before she gets ILR decision ? She has left the house already 3 weeks ago and currently in refuge camp
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

You can use the following link -

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.