MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I am a Nigerian and gave birth to my daughter in the US in

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,good day
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am a Nigerian and gave birth to my daughter in the US in 2016
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I applied for student visa in the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Do I need to pay UK Visa fees for my daughter aswell
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just need to know if I also need to make VISA FEE and NHI payment for my daughter born in the US Since she will be going along with me
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.
Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

Yes. UK visa dependants will have to pay for visa and NHS fee. Visa dependants will need to pay £490 for the visa. As for the healthcare surcharge, you can check how much she'll have to pay here. She will also need to have her biometric information (fingerprints and a photo) taken - there’s no fee for this.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok,thanks
I also need to know if I am to submit my daughter's AMERICAN or Nigerian passport for her UK visa since we reside in Nigeria

You can choose either of the two passports.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
But mind you,she is American citizen
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I belief American citizens do not need visa fee payments to enter the UK

US citizens can enter the UK without a visa, however, they can only stay for a maximum of 6 months. Any more than that they will have to pay for a visa.

To clarify my previous reply - she can use either passport to apply for a UK Visa, however it would be advisable to use her Nigerian Passport considering you'll be applying for a visa in Nigeria.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.