How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3029
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I am a refugee in UK From first day of arriving in UK Home

Customer Question

I am a refugee in UK
From first day of arriving in UK Home Office officer registered me with wrong alphabetic writing my Name and Surname and due to I haven't enough support document I couldn't amend my details and they issued my BRP card with wrong details. I have tried for 2 years
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am an Iranian refugee here
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: I have got my leave to remain permission in UK for 1 year
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Now I have my Travel document with correct name and I don't know how, my driving licence and BRP in wrong details. I had many letters to government for my issue and they told me you must contact with your Caseworker to amend your details in their system, unfortunately I don't know who is my Caseworker?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.
Good morning
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

If the home office still have not corrected your details. You can raise further complaints to their complaints department.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry at this moment I haven't enough money to contact you
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.
It was a a pleasure assisting you today.