Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I’m a postgraduate student. My visa is expiring on 22nd of

Customer Question

I’m a postgraduate student. My visa is expiring on 22nd of May, I’m in india right now and returning on 13th of May to file for my psw (post study work visa )
My question is, is it gonna be any problem at the immigration because I’m afraid I only have 7 days of visa left
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I’m Solicitor4All, a law Expert with over 15 years of experience practice. Thank you for the enquiry. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Are we connected yet?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please do reply

Thank you for your patience. Technically you still have your visa so you should be able to come on without any questions, however if you are called for an interview at the airport there is a chance they may say to you if you have no return ticket to return to India before the 7 days lapse then they will not allow you in. So there is no definite answer it will be up to your answers on the day if they can see you have a plan for after your visa and if you do show you have all necessary to apply for your PSW as soon as you arrive that would help.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist and to clarify anything. All the best.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. Also my friend has her visa till 30th of May and returning on the same day as 13th of May, but she hasn’t got her results yet, is there gonna be a problem for her to enter ?
But she has a mail from the university saying she can apply for PSW at her own risk even before results are out and before her visa expires.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for you message and your friend should really have logged a separate  question so advice is not mixed up. But she will most likely be denied entry because she can’t say she  returning to file her application immediately as she hasn’t passed yet,
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hey
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I need more information regarding my friend
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your message. Your friend I believe has logged a separate question and I have dealt with it now.