How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3035
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I am a third country national with a pre settled status. I

This answer was rated:

Hi I am a third country national with a pre settled status. I have been living in the uk since January 2018.I got married 2 months ago with a third country national. Could you please explain to me the option and procedure for her to secure a visa to come live with me in the uk ? Thank you
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a Sierra Leonean citizen living in the uk since 2018 with a pre settled status. I didn’t fill any paperwork yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i used to have a residence card of a family member of a eu citizen and then I switched to pre settled status
Good morning I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Your wife can apply for the eu settlement scheme family permit then switch to pre settled status when she comes to the U.K.

I hope this answers your question and please do let me know if you require further clarification.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your reply.Thé issue I have is that we got married in 2022 in Sierra Leone. I read that for her to be able to apply for eu scheme we had to be married before December 2020

Yes so she would still be able to come under the eu settlement Family permit scheme.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
May you please tell me the requirements ?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Also I would like to add that I am not a eu citizen neither a British.
Then your wife will not qualify for partner visa until you receive settled status.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Which other route she can take to come and live with me ?
She may wish to look at the skilled work visa whereby she requires job offer and certificate of sponsorship.
LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you