LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I am applying for a UK visa from the US and my passport name

Customer Question

I am applying for a UK visa from the US and my passport name is ***** ***** my social security name and driver's license. Can I apply in my passport name?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I havent filed any paperwork yet. I live in the USA. I am a US citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i dont think so
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.
Good morning I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.

You should apply using name in passport however if there has been a name change then you must provide evidence of this also.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
okay, so my name update is somewhat complex. The only difference is just my middle name. However, I was previously adopted, married, and divorced. My current middle name is ***** ***** one i was given at birth but I had a different one when I was adopted because my adoptive parents changed it. I opted to change it back when I was married. and kept the change when I was divorced. What documents do I need to provide?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would prefer to chat
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.
the adopted paper work, divorce certificate, marriage certificate.