How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3005
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I am applying for a UK visa from the US and my passport name

Customer Question

I am applying for a UK visa from the US and my passport name is ***** ***** my social security name and driver's license. Can I apply in my passport name?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I havent filed any paperwork yet. I live in the USA. I am a US citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i dont think so
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.
Good morning I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.

You should apply using name in passport however if there has been a name change then you must provide evidence of this also.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
okay, so my name update is somewhat complex. The only difference is just my middle name. However, I was previously adopted, married, and divorced. My current middle name is ***** ***** one i was given at birth but I had a different one when I was adopted because my adoptive parents changed it. I opted to change it back when I was married. and kept the change when I was divorced. What documents do I need to provide?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would prefer to chat
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.
the adopted paper work, divorce certificate, marriage certificate.