Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I’m trying to do a passport for my daughter and I have a

Customer Question

Good morning. I’m trying to do a passport for my daughter and I have a letter from Passport service to provide documents showing my legal status on the date of my daughter’s birth. Where can I get it? She is 16 now.
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Good morning. I’m trying to do a passport for my daughter and I have a letter from Passport service to provide documents showing my legal status on the date of my daughter’s birth. Where can I get it? She is 16 now.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: My citizenship is Latvian and my daughter’s as well. I’ve just sent all documents what I had-old passport, birth certificate(she was born here). We live in the UK since 2001.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No, not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The only thing to tell- my daughter is 16 she was born in the UK and I have a legal status since 2002. I just need to provide an evidence my immigration status in 2005 when she was born. Thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 10 days ago.

Please leave it with me for now, I will respond once done rest assured today. Thank you

Thank you for your patience.’you will most likely not have a document because you would not have needed to have a physical document to be on the Uk until now with the settled status. You can do a data subject request from the ukvi but alternatively you can get a solicitor to assist you with drafting a statutory declaration clarifying what eea right of movement you were exercising in 2005 when she was born.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist and to clarify anything for you. All the best.