Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Morning, if I am spouse of a British Citizen, what support

Customer Question

Morning, if I am spouse of a British Citizen, what support documents do I need for my British citizenship application. I am Italian been living in UK since 2009, holding permanent residence card since 2019 and Settlement Status
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I applied twice, been rejected for technicalities. So I am going to apply for 3rd time, but I want to make sure is correct
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I’m Solicitor4All, a law Expert with over 15 years of experience practice. Thank you for the enquiry. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

What has been the reason of rejection?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The 1st time, because I didn’t have a permanent residence document, however I hold an Italian passport
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
2nd they said they try to contact me because my English test was expired just for 4 month. They never try to contact me, though
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
They said I can challenge the decision, but I have to pay for it
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
They never answer our MP’s how they try to contact me
You will need to have you life in the uk test pass certificate and to evidence that you meet the English language Requirement. If you studied at degree level in the uk taught in English you will not need to sit the English language exam..

You will also need your passport showing travel history for the last 3 years before date of application. Total days of absence should be maximum 270 and of these in the last 12 months before submitting your naturalisation/citizenship application you should not have been out for more than 90 days. Your full settled status confirmation and your marriage certificate and proof of address in the last 3 years will be needed too.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am always glad to assist you and to clarify anything. All the best.

You definitely need your life in the uk and English language certificates. I would not recommend that you appeal because they will refuse again. The rules once you get to citizenship stage are the same for Europeans and non-Eu citizens.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
If I fill the application and put together my supporting documents, how much will you charge for checking that everything is correct.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have both certificates, life in the UK £ English, I re- took the English test as expired every 2 years.

In that case you submit a new application, you do not appea. I can ask customer support to reach out to you with their offer to review your documents once you have them all together and that should say the fee, I do not know it in advance regrettably.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Perfect, I’ll contact you back when I have everything together. Thank you

No problem at all, I look forward to assisting you further