How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3009
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

Citizen and my wife is a UK citizen living in the US. We

Customer Question

I am US citizen and my wife is a UK citizen living in the US. We would like to move to the UK, I have a job thru a Uk company however they will not be able to sponsor me. Whats the best category that I could apply to move to UK.
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: Spouse
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.
Good afternoon
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.

You may want to look at the spouse visa route as your wife is currently in the US to meet the financial requirement to sponsor you she would need to be in employment in U.K. for 6 months and must meet annually salary of £18,600 per annum or savings of £62,500 which must be in account for period of 6 months.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
She was working in the UK and now she is back in the US.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am looking for the best route to apply for a visa without she going back to her job in the UK
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can she apply for a citizenship for me?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.
She cannot apply for citizenship for me unless you go through the partner route then after 5 years you can apply for permanent residence. You may wish to apply for the skilled work visa however you do require a job offer and sponsorship.