MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I’m getting married in Spain to Spanish resident but with

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I’m getting married in Spain to Spanish resident but with Moroccan passport. I’m British myself. Of course I would like him to move to Uk ASAP. How long it will take visa process ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No steps, no paperwork. I’m British living in Uk.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: ok
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

In most cases, the visa processing times vary considerably, depending on factors such as the type of visa being applied for, the country or Embassy where the application is made, and the applicant’s own individual circumstances and eligibility.

The type of UK visa that your partner apply for will be the main deciding factor in how long it takes to process your UK visa application. The UK visa that your partner chooses will depend on his/her reason for visiting the UK and how long he/she wish to stay.

If your partner intends to visit the UK to get married, he/she should generally apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa. This visa is also suitable for civil partnership ceremonies in the UK. This visa doesn’t allow him/her to remain or settle in the UK after the marriage or civil partnership ceremony. Processing, once an appointment has been attended, should take no more than 3 weeks.

However, the Family visa will generally allow your partner to join you who already lives in the UK if he/she wishes to remain in the country for more than 6 months. If the visa application is made from outside the UK, the processing time will generally take up to 12 weeks. Applications made from within the UK will generally take up to 8 weeks to process.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.