Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
106663647

I would like apply for my first passport I was born here my

Customer Question

Hi I would like apply for my first passport I was born here my mother got indefinite remain to leave after I was I born and my father is trying had his remain but does not have the letter and attaching his passport to the application was not enough since the law set in 1983 needs to show proof off settlement what can we do?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the United Kingdom and applied for first passport British citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: We have been to several we did a application through them but was sent a letter that we need to prove settlement of my father but he does not have the letter
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No Thankyou
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 8 days ago.

Further to your question I am an immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

If your parents were not settled prior to your birth then you are not automatically British and would need to naturalise as British

Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 7 days ago.

Please find enclosed a very useful link by the Home Office where you can check whether you are British, or you need to naturalise.

https://www.gov.uk/british-citizenship

Kind Regards

I do hope that I have managed to answer your question and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website