Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am a medical doctor from sri lanka planning to arrive uk

Customer Question

I am a medical doctor from sri lanka planning to arrive uk to work. I applied for skilled workers visa on 07/05/2022 and recieved approval on 09/05/2022.
JA: Could you provide me with any other relevant information about the situation surrounding the visa?
Customer: My cos expired on 29/04/2022 Will this be a problem for entry to uk or to work there
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I applied dependant visa for wife n son. Son' s visa approval recieved with mine , but wife' s one is pending
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 9 days ago.

Yes you need to apply for a new COS from your employer in order to come and work in the UK. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
As I have recieved my visa now, cant I proceed with the available cos?

You need a valid cos which if it is expired is not valid. I trust this assists