ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I’m travelling next month and have re applied for my brp

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I’m travelling next month and have re applied for my brp card as it’s expired I applied for it 2 weeks ago and I go away in exactly 4 weeks for family reasons
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Yes I’ve done the ukcvas identification and everything is done I’m just waiting
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I’m just seeking advice
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yeah
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m travelling with my daughter and partner they are both British and i and I am an American citizen we are travelling to America for family reasons and I want to know if it’s possible for me to travel
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m waiting for my brp renewal after expiry but will I not be able to travel if it doesn’t come in time or will I be able to visit the British embassy there and get something to help me get back into the uk
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. This is unfortunate, however there really is nothing that can be done to speed up the process. You may write to the Home Office to request an update.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

You cannot leave the country without your BRP. I am aware that the Home Office has been experiencing significant delays which may account for why you have not yet heard anything from them.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I should just wait until I get my biometrics card?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Yes you should