Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

My British passport is time-expired. I cannot travel due to

Customer Question

My British passport is time-expired. I cannot travel due to age. Do I need to renew my British passport to travel within the uk?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no paperwork filed. I live in the uk. I am a British citizen. My passport is time-expired and I do not intend leaving the uk for holidays abroad.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.
Good morning
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

May I ask if you will be traveling by plane?

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

Hi, are you still here?

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

As I have not heard from you so far, I will provide an answer based on the information provided above. Usually, you do not require a passport when traveling within the UK, especially without a plane. May I ask what is the issue with the passport renewal? If you answer this question, I am happy to assist further. Thank you