How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari SL Your Own Question
Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1385
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari SL is online now

I’m an international student looking to apply for a graduate

This answer was rated:

Hello I’m an international student looking to apply for a graduate visa
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: Graduate VISA
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: NO
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’m a January start in Middlesex university finishing my undergraduate degree in September

Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting with your question today. Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. Thank you!

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Though I’m finishing with an undergraduate degree, my course in the UK was for less than 12 months as I already had an advanced diploma from my home country
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

May I ask what was your visa type? Tier 4?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
a Tier 4

In some cases, it is possible to apply for a graduate visa even if the course was for less than 12 months, but firstly, have you asked your university if your course is eligible for Graduate Route?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The only thing they weren’t sure of was the length of the course since it was a January start

Alright, if the condition stated below apply, you can apply for graduate route here: 

You can apply if either of the following are true:

  • you started your course before 21 June 2021 and you entered the UK on a Student visa on or before 27 September 2021
  • you started your course between 21 June 2021 and 30 June 2022 and you entered the UK on a Student visa on or before 30 June 2022

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Alright thanks

My pleasure! Have a nice rest of the day.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
However, the graduate route doesn’t count towards settlement
How do I deal with that?

If you obtain the graduate route, you may find an employer in the UK who will sponsor you, and then you may apply for a skilled worker visa which will subsequently lead to settlement.

Tamari SL and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Thank you