Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

I’m an international student looking to apply for a graduate

Hello I’m an international student looking to apply for a graduate visa
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: Graduate VISA
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: NO
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’m a January start in Middlesex university finishing my undergraduate degree in September

Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting with your question today. Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. Thank you!

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Though I’m finishing with an undergraduate degree, my course in the UK was for less than 12 months as I already had an advanced diploma from my home country
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Alright
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

May I ask what was your visa type? Tier 4?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
a Tier 4

In some cases, it is possible to apply for a graduate visa even if the course was for less than 12 months, but firstly, have you asked your university if your course is eligible for Graduate Route?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The only thing they weren’t sure of was the length of the course since it was a January start

Alright, if the condition stated below apply, you can apply for graduate route here: 

You can apply if either of the following are true:

• you started your course before 21 June 2021 and you entered the UK on a Student visa on or before 27 September 2021
  • you started your course between 21 June 2021 and 30 June 2022 and you entered the UK on a Student visa on or before 30 June 2022

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Alright thanks

My pleasure! Have a nice rest of the day.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
However, the graduate route doesn’t count towards settlement
How do I deal with that?

If you obtain the graduate route, you may find an employer in the UK who will sponsor you, and then you may apply for a skilled worker visa which will subsequently lead to settlement.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Right