Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
106663647

MY WIFE IN COLOMBIA APPLIED PREVIOUSLY FOR A VISITOR VISA

Customer Question

MY WIFE IN COLOMBIA APPLIED PREVIOUSLY FOR A VISITOR VISA AND HAS NOW HAD HER PASSPORT RETURNED AND MARKED `DENIED`. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? SHW WANTS ME TO APPLY FOR A SPOUSE VISA BUT NOT MENTION THIS DENIED PASSPORT. SHOULD I DO THIS?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 14 days ago.

Further to your question, unfortunately her visa has been denied.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I know but should I mention this when I start an application for a marriage visa for her?

Yes, you will need to mention the denial as the Home Office already have a record of the same. and if you fail to mention the same it will be seen as deception and could lead to a 10 year ban

Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 13 days ago.

Kindly note that when you apply for the spouse visa, you are applying under a different route and as long as you meet the requirements the visa will be granted

The previous visitor visa regusal will not impact the application

Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 12 days ago.
I do hope that i have managed to answer your question and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website.