How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari SL Your Own Question
Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1378
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari SL is online now

I have a query regarding the family visa extension for my

This answer was rated:

Hello. I have a query regarding the family visa extension for my husband. I have completed the form online and have got to the declaration stage. It asks to download declarations regarding third party consent. My wife do not hold a joint bank account however we have joint names on bills ie gas, water, electric, council tax. So the following question do i say yes or no?Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people? (is 'other people' my wife?)

Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting with your question today. Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. Thank you!

Please ignore any phone call request pop-up if you do not wish a telephone consultation, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello, thank you for a response.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
we chatted online yesterday, you helped me alot but iv got stuck again at the declaration bit. my husband has booked the a2 English test at Trinity so i thought i progress the case as i have collated all the other documents but the statements are so confusing

Good afternoon, yes, you have to select yes

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
is that yes for all the declarations? as my husband works and gives me money for household and living etc but i dont give him money ( in our culture the husband provides)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
re this question: Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

If you and your husband signs all the declarations, there will not be any harm at all

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ok, that we will do that.
you know the relationship declaration - can i sign electronically or does it have to be a wet signature?

It is best to print and sign the papers then scan and upload in this case.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ok will do that instead. so from my counting there are 3 declarations that we need to sign including the relationship one. does that sound correct?

Part 1 usually must be signed by the applicant, part 2 must be signed by the sponsor, PART 3 is only for the third party sponsor which can be left without signing here, and then there should be one more declaration for spouse sponsor.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
2 forms in total right? i am sorry to be so anal about it - i just dont want to get anything wrong.

3 has to be signed in total

Part 1, Part 2, and a separate form for spouses especially.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
oh gosh, i think i have done it wrong and not downloaded the right forms as i have 3 forms titled 'family consent' which has 3 parts within it so they are all the same. I have 1 form titled 'family declaration' which is the one specific to i am missing 1 form. damn, this is so stressful. what shall i do now?

You can not be missing any forms as they are generated automatically.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
this is the only form that i have
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
plus the specific spousal one
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
nothing else has downloaded
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i had to click on the link to download the form, maybe i didnt click on the other form

PART1 Consent for the Home Office to verify.. - Applicant must be
PART 2 - Spouse (sponsor of the applicant) has to sign 
Declaration for spouses - Spouse (sponsor of the applicant) has to sign

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
this is the correct form and part 1 and 2 are within the same form

Yes, there will be one more form to download, it is called, the declaration form. You need to download that too.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is it this form?


Customer: replied 7 days ago.
to confirm just these 2 forms - Phew! i was really panicking!

Part 1
Part 2

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you so so much once again - you have been a star with the help!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
iv paid the nhs surcharge and will pay for the application as soon as i have the english language certficate and then start loading the documents myself. is that pretty straightforward, do i need anything for that?

My pleasure!

You should not need anything else, but I am happy to help if you will have further questions.

Submit the application once the English Language exam is passed.

Tamari SL and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you so much, take care :-)

My pleasure. Thank you