LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I would like to know if it's mandatory that I present a

I would like to know if it's mandatory that I present a letter from employer as proof of the time I was outside the UK when applying for ILR in Tier 2 Visa route. Basically, I was my entire holiday in another country and more 3 weeks, but I was working for my employer remotely the whole time.
I do not worry with this time being counted as time outside the UK, all I want to know is if it's mandatory to show a letter from employer saying I was on holiday and working remotely for some time.
And if I do not show a letter, does the time I lived in the UK before going outside the country still counts?
Good evening

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

On a tier 2 visa travel is allowed however this would be dependent on your contracted hours. It would advisable to get a letter from employer stating you were allowed the three weeks period.

I hope this answers your question and please do let me know if you require further clarification.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I would just like to know something more definitive, because this doesn't make things clearer for me.
As I am still not so sure if I should pursue getting this letter from my employer, or not.
I know it's advised but can they refuse ILR just because I didn't show this letter? Even though I didn't exceed the 6 months period, and I stated all the dates I traveled..

If you have not exceeded the absence period then your application should not be refused but I always think it’s best to have more evidence then asked with the home office.