MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Can i travel with my Nationality passport instead of my

Customer Question

Can i travel with my Nationality passport instead of my Travel document as a UK Refugee?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

In most cases, if you have the status of a refugee, you will most likely be unable to use your passport to travel. So, in that case, when you need to travel, you must be equipped with a travel document issued specifically to refugees.

You may apply for a refugee travel document if either:

• you have refugee status in the UK
  • you originally came to the UK on a family reunion visa to join someone who has refugee status

Essentially, your travel document will usually be valid for up to 10 years if you’re settled in the UK (known as having ‘indefinite leave to remain’). If you have permission to stay (known as ‘leave to remain’), your document will usually be valid for up to 5 years.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks Martin for your help, I will like to visit dubai for my annual holiday and the Embassy says I cant get a Visa on my Refugee Travel Document.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I still have my Nationality Passport and still valid, can i get the dubai visa on it?

I see. Yes, in such cases, you can use your nationality passport.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** passport will i present at the Airport when travelling to Dubai?
You can use your nationality passport if it has still six months of validity after your arrival.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Great Thanks

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

No problem.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.