LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I have a question with break in employment and BRP on tier 2

Customer Question

Hello, I have a question with break in employment and BRP on tier 2 visa
JA: Could you provide me with any other relevant information about the situation surrounding the visa?
Customer: Im a doctor in the NHS. My tier 2 visa expires on June 19th and my next contract starts august 3rd. I have applied for CoS
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I wanted to know if I can stay in the UK if I receive my Cos and have applied for the visa. Even though I have a gap of 1.5 months
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.
Good evening
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will assisting you today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello, I’m Lekshmi
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

Yes whilst your visa is pending in the U.K. you are allowed to stay whilst you await a decision.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Would this be valid even when the CoS of my next job says it starts on August? And my current one expires mid June. As long as I have applied it should it be fine?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Also will my new BRP then start on August only ?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.
As long you put in your a new application you are allowed to stay until decision made and new visa issued.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you. Meanwhile, my hospital has offered a 1.5 month extension. I can get a CoS for this and apply for a visa extension. But will have to apply for the 5 year visa starting in August immediately after. Is this possible with two visa application within a span of few weeks ?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.
Skilled work visa can take up to 8 weeks to get a decision therefore the period may not be possible to get your second visa granted if you get extension for first one.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.
It was a pleasure assisting you today.