Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

I want to apply for my child naturalisation because now my

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I want to apply for my child naturalisation because now my child father got ILR , can I do it without my child's father permission
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am in UK and separated from my husband, my daughter is with me . And I applied for Asylum
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting with your question today. Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. Thank you!

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

When you submit the application to register your child as a British Citizen, you will need the father to also consent to this.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
But if he refused to consent me , because I got separated 1 year back and I am not in contact with him
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

I am so sorry for this but the father must consent when applying to register the child as British.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
if I submit the application, then can home office contact to child's father directly, because I am not sure where he is living and I don't have his contact number, and I was a victim of domestic abuse so I can't contact with him
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 15 days ago.

You also have to have his ILR proof to submit with the application and he must sign the consent forms.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have copy of his ILR and my childs birth certificate as child was born in UK , but at that time parents didn't have any status . Can I use his ILR copy to fill the application
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 15 days ago.

Yes, you can but as I already explained child's father's consent also needs to be provided. Thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thankyou I got it now
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 15 days ago.

Thank you! Good luck