LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I lost my passport when I came to Uk and then got a new one.

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I lost my passport when I came to Uk and then got a new one. The new passport does not have the vignette on it. I am sure you know that Visa which are for 6 months or less require a vignette on the passport I have looked on the UKVI website and called them today but cannot really mak eout how to apply for it
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have been here for 3 months now almost so technically my visa still has three months lefy
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Got a new passport, and reported to the police No. I have not talked to a lawyer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not really Tried transfer of visa to new passport but it only works if you are not in UK
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.
Good evening
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will assisting you today.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Good evening
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.

Are you currently in the U.K. on a visit visa?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am, yes.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
There?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.
It would be best to write to the home office to inform them so they can issue another vignette in passport. I will send home office address.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The vignette goes on the passport so where do I submit the passport or would I be required to give my Biometrics again?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.

UK Visas and Immigration PO Box 3468 Sheffield S3 8WA

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.

Await response from home office before sending your passport. They may ask for biometrics.