How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3034
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I want to ask i am under skilled 2 tier visa. I have a full

Customer Question

I want to ask i am under skilled 2 tier visa. I have a full time job and I am registered as well in our bank staffing services (same employer who gave me the sponsorship). Under the tier two visa I am allowed to do other jobs with same category up to 20 hours. My question is is it ok to register and do some nursing agency shifts under my current visa.thanks
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.
Good evening
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.
you are allowed to work up to 20 hours in same sector as you currently work.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Am i alright under the skilled two tier visa to work as self employed? I had couple of shifts in the agency and to my surprise my tax wasnt deducted. They told me because I am self-employed and need to do tax return with accountant. I dont exceed 20 hrs per week. I am just worried this could affect to my ILR application
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.
You cannot work self employed on skilled work visa it must be employed status with the 20 hours.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I stop working immediately when i found it out. What do i need to do i have done couple of shifts and i need to pay tax return because i get the full amount of my salary without tax deduction. If i pay the tax it i will be registered as sole trader ir self employed which i am not allowed. The company did not tell me about this. They are aware i am under tier 2 visa.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.
You would need to ensure tax is paid update you date. They inform HMRC you no longer wish to be self employed so it does not affect you’re ILR.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Who would inform hmrc.. will it be me or the company? If i dont do anymore shifts to them would that be ok? And if i still want to carry on doing agency shifts am i safe to tell the hmrx and the agency it should be pAyE not self employed? Thanks
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.
The company should update HMRC you are changing to employer in regards ***** ***** you need to discuss options to pay the tax.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Does it mean i cant do self employed for my tax even if my agency work is the same occupation code? The agency company they cant really pay me as PayE…
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.
You cannot work as self employed.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If i pay the tax theough self employed what would happen to me. What is tge legal implications for my ILR application
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am planning to pay whatever taxes i need to pay the hmrc said they set me a utr number as self employed.. i told them under tier 2 visa
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They said its fine..
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.
Please note taxes should be paid but you should not be kept as self employed as it can have negative affect on ILR.