How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7545
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

I am trying to understand which visa/permit my husband needs

This answer was rated:

Hello I am trying to understand which visa/permit my husband needs to go back to the UK to work over the summer in the horse racing industry...he used to work for them part time during the summer up until 2019, then covid hit and he was not able to return for the last 2 the via system has kicked in because of Brexit....he is French nationality and he is married to me (British Nationality...however we are residents in Dubai not UK at the moment
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: Temporary visa or the Frontier Worker Permit
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: I just tried and got cut off
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I dont think so

Hello there, how do you do? I am Solicitor4All. I am a law expert with over 15years practice. I am here to help you today. Thank you for the inquiry.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello, I am very confused with what visa or permit my husband needs to work in the UK for 3 months June to August now that brexit has kicked in. He used to go to work in the UK every summer but with Covid that stopped and also Brexit started

Thank you very much for the brief. Please leave the matter with me for now, I will respond once done rest assured today. Thank you

Solicitor4All and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Will you give me a call when you have an anwser? as it is paid for

Thank you for your patience. If he worked in the Uk before 30 December 2020 whilst he was living in the UK then he cannot apply for the frontier worker permit. This is available where an EU national worked here but was resident elsewhere.

You have not said what work he does with the horses but if he is a rider and classed as a sportsmen, as.opposed to taking care of horses then he could apply for the Sportsmen Visa

Any follow up please do not hesitate to return for further guidance. We are always glad to clarify anything and to assist. All the best.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can you please give me a call.......He has been living in Dubai for the last 18 years, about 6 years ago he started going to the UK to work for RaceTech - working at the starting gates as an Assistant Starter for the horse racing. So he has been a resident in Dubai but working in the UK over the summer for Race Tech since 2016/2017.
Before moving to Dubai (Until 2005), he used to be working full time in the UK as a Work Rider & Sable Lad.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Any update as I need to apply for the correct visa
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can you update me on the type of visa please

Hi, He needs a skilled worker visa given the additional information that you have sent.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Does that then require him to have a sponsor in the UK?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please can you give me a call

Hi, I am not able to call you as your call was allocated to another expert, I may have been in Court when you requested it. He will need to be sponsored yes, regrettably there are no special rules really for EU citizens now