How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2233
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

Im in the uk over 9yrs, have already obtained the settled

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: im in the uk over 9yrs, have already obtained the settled status and was wondering to get the British passport/citizenship wondering if its better for someone to help me with everything and explain all that I need to know
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i hold the polish passport but live in the UK for over 9yrs,
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: nothing has been done yet, just preparing for ,life in the UK test
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, havent

Further to your question, I am an Immigration Solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Kindly note that you can apply for the naturalisation application yourself if you feel comfortable completing the application.

I will send you the link to the application and you can apply after you have had settled status for 12 months.

You have started that you are currently doing the Life in the UK Test and you will also need to do the English Test Level B1

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Many thanks for confirming the same and it is correct you do not require an English Test.

Please do go through the application form and revert back to me if you have any further questions

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
maybe it gonna sound funny, but the 2 British referees I need to put down, I have one British person I know, I'm not sure what to do in that case
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
all the people i know they dont bother with British citizenship

Kindly note that you can have 1 referee who is a British National however the other referee can be of any nationality as long as they are a professional

Your referees should include:

  • a person who has 'professional standing' - for example, a civil servant of any nationality

  • a person who is a British passport holder and either has professional standing or is over the age of 25

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
oh, lovely! i understand now
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
whats the steps i need to do firstlife in the UK test, then application ?I started the application today but asked if I have passed the test already so I'm not sure what I should do first?

You can commence the application form however do not submit the same until you have completed the Life in the UK Test.

I do hope that I have manged to answer your question and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
one last question, would you be able to help me with the application process from the start to the end? or you do not deal with that
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
if yes, how much would that cost me ?

Kindly note that we are only an advisory service and cannot take on any work outside the JustAnswer forum.

However you can request a phone call and I can advise you further.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
no, thank you, ***** ***** much to do and to explain, this is why I need some more help and guidance to have it done correctly :)

All the best

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, I got married in Poland but divorced using online services in the UK and got my decree absolute, but when sent it to Poland to legalise my divorce there, they said I need include the apostille and proof that my ex-husband was aware of the divorce I don't know what they mean by the proof that he was aware? Decree absolute says it all, right? I couldn't get a decree absolute without him knowing


If you have any further questions, you will need to raise another question as this question has been closed

Immigration Warrior and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you