How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2231
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

My wife is not European nor British. We have a British child

This answer was rated:

I am British, my wife is not European nor British. We have a British child together. We live in Cyprus. We plan to move to the UK together. I have a job offer from a UK company pending right now. We are trying to decide how they should pay me.We will apply for a spouse visa. According to the BBC these are not being issued right now, and haven't been for 6 months.Even if they were, according to the law, I would have to be in the UK whilst she is out of the UK? Is this true? Is there no way around it? Like I spend some of my time in the UK and some in Cyprus? If so how much?Am I really forced to abandon my wife and daughter in Cyprus??Please help

Further to your question, I am an immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please do, I am very sad right now

Kindly note that spouse visas are currently being issued.

If you are currently working in Cyprus and are earning over £18,600 and the job that you will be commencing in the UK will commence in the next 3 months and you will be earning over £18,600 then you can apply for the spouse visa now.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
This is against the advice of other lawyers. Could you explain to me exactly those steps?
I was told that, as her sponsor, I MUST be in the UK on application. Is this not true?

Please find enclosed the guidance in relation to applying for a spouse visa and it would need to be applied from abroad.

Kindly note, that is not true as long as you have an address of where you are intending to stay.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
if we have an address, for example my fathers, where we will stay until we find our own place. I do not need to be in the UK?

I deal with a lot of expat's in your situation and you have been misadvised.

Immigration Warrior and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

That is correct you can use your fathers address

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
May we have the phone call?

I am ringing you now

I am glad that I could assist you today and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website.