Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

Background: I am a British citizen. I met my wife abroad in

Hi there,Background:
I am a British citizen. I met my wife abroad in Morocco. I married her in Morocco in September 2017. She came to the UK in August 2020. We lived together for only one year. I also have a daughter with her, she is 3.5 years old, my daughter is British citizen through me. During the year we lived, I suspected my wife had married me for immigration purposes to gain residence in the UK. I questioned my wife's true intentions and told her I will not renew her spouse visa which runs out on 2nd of August 2022. Straight thereafter she left the marriage and went to women refuge on 4th of February 2022. I have no contact with my wife nor my daughter since she left over 3 months ago. However she told her sister she was advised to do this in order to stay in the country. She told her the 'women refuge agency' will provide her the support she needs and gain residence because she is a mother to a daughter who is a British citizen.My Questions:1. What practically I can do to report this as a sham marriage given the context and circumstances above.2. Can I withdraw the British citizenship of my daughter which my wife intends to use the basis of her stay in the country ? baring in mind, I am migrating to Morocco myself shortly.Regards
Amir

Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting with your question today. Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. Thank you!

Even if you report this to the Home Office, the child is a British Citizen, and therefore, a mother can apply as a parent of a British Child visa.

Also, the child is automatically born British as at the time of the child's birth you were a British Citizen.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
there is nothing I can do to stop her from abusing the system and deceiving me ?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, As discussed over the phone, please do send me the link and any other relevant information. Thanks Amir

Hope this helps! Thank you