INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Can I work when my brp is in progress? I have got ILE visa.

Customer Question

Hi, Can I work when my brp is in progress?
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: I have got ILE visa. It expired on 03/05/2022
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have got ILE visa on my passport. Passport expired. I have applied to replace my ILE visa to BRP on 02/05. While my BRP on progress, can I work?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My visa was issued during 2012, i didn't receive any BRP during that time. All my visa was issued on my passport and my passport expired on the 3 may 2022 and the ILE visa was valid until the same date 3may 2022. I have applied for BRP to transfer my visa. I was just wondering if I could work while the BRP is in progress.
Expert:  INC Law replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

When did you apply for your BRP? Was it before the expire of your ILE?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Expert:  INC Law replied 5 days ago.

If that is the case, under rule 3C, your leave has been extended until such time as your immigration application has been processed.

Therefore, in short, yes you are allowed to work.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,